There may be other unforeseen breakage primarily in the handbook portion of the wiki.
The Table Of Contents section of each "PC-BSD® Users Handbook" page may be the best workaround.
(Sorry for the inconvenience)
The following features have been added to or improved for PC-BSD® 9.2:
- Based on FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE which adds this [NO URL YET list of features].
- The PC-BSD® utilities that deal with installing software or updates use aria2 which greatly increases download speed over slow links. aria2 achieves this by downloading a file from multiple sources over multiple protocols in order to utilize the maximum download bandwidth. The pc-pkg command has been added as a wrapper script to pkg. Use pc-pkg if you wish to increase your download speed when installing or upgrading pkgng packages.
- The source code repository for PC-BSD® has changed to GitHub. Instructions for obtaining the source code using git can be found here.
- The installer provides an option to install a Desktop or a Server. If you select to Install a Server, it will install TrueOS®, a command-line version of FreeBSD which adds the command-line versions of the PC-BSD® utilities.
- It is possible to easily Convert a FreeBSD System to PC-BSD®.
- When administrative access is needed, the user will be prompted for their own password. This means that users do not have to know the root password. Any user which is a member of the wheel group will have the ability to gain administrative access. By default, the only user in this group is the user account that you create during post-installation configuration. If additional users need this ability, use the Groups tab of User Manager to add them to the wheel group.
- AppCafe® has been re-designed.
- EasyPBI has been revamped as version 2, making it even easier to create PBIs.
- A graphical Boot Manager utility for managing boot environments and the GRUB configuration has been added to Control Panel.
- The mirrors tab of System Manager has been removed as downloads are provided through a CDN.
- The system packages tab has been removed from System Manager as this functionality is provided in Package Manager.
- The boot screen section has been removed from System Manager.
- The Mount Tray interface and detection algorithm has been improved. It can also mount an ISO to a memory disk.
- Many improvements to Warden® including the ability to create jails by hostname instead of by IP address, jail IP addresses can be changed after jail creation, vimage can be enabled/disabled on a per-jail basis, IPv4 or IPv6 addressing can be enabled or disabled, aliases can be added on a per-jail basis, and jail sysctls can be easily enabled on a per-jail basis.
- The ability to use an external DHCP server has been added to Thin Client.