What's New in 9.1
From PC-BSD Wiki
Revision as of 10:35, 13 June 2012 by Drulavigne
(Sorry for the inconvenience)
The following features have been added to or improved for PC-BSD 9.1:
- Based on FreeBSD 9.1.
- Installer has been revamped to separate pre-installation from post-installation tasks. This makes it easier to automate the roll-out of multiple installations.
- ZFS section of installer now allows you to set ZFS properties such as compression and quotas (search for "native properties" in zfs(1M) for a description of the properties).
- Warden® is now built into the operating system and available through Control Panel.
- Warden® now allows for many portjail sandboxes on a system, rather than just a single one.
- Warden® now supports using ZFS snapshots withn jails.
- Bluetooth configuration GUI added to ??Control Panel??.
- An About icon has been added to the Control Panel, making it easy to determine the PC-BSD version and which desktops and version of X have been installed.
- EasyPBI is now available through Control Panel, making it easier than ever to convert existing FreeBSD ports to PC-BSD PBIs.
- The GDM configuration GUI has been added to Control Panel and can be used to configure auto-login and remote login through XDMCP.
- A Mount Tray icon has been added to the Control Panel and System Tray, allowing easy access to USB drives.
- Life Preserver
- Thin Client now allows you to create a PXE Boot Desktop Server or a PXE Boot Installation Server.
- Bug reporting tool (HOW TO USE NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO HANDBOOK)