Potential remains for unforeseen breakage primarily in the handbook portion of the wiki.
Notice will be up until above verified and no other troubles found from recent modifications.
What's New in 9.1
(Sorry for the inconvenience)
The following features have been added to or improved for PC-BSD 9.1:
- based on FreeBSD 9.1.
- installer has been revamped to separate pre-installation from post-installation tasks. This makes it easier to automate the roll-out of multiple installations.
- ZFS section of installer now allows you to set ZFS properties such as compression and quotas (search for "native properties" in zfs(1M) for a description of the properties).
- Warden® is now built into the operating system and available through Control Panel.
- Warden® now allows for many portjail sandboxes on a system, rather than just a single one.
- Warden® now supports using ZFS snapshots withn jails.
- Bluetooth configuration GUI added to Control Panel.
- GDM configuration GUI added to Control Panel (can be run at command line as pc-gdmconf).
- EasyPBI is now part of the base system, making it easier than ever to convert existing FreeBSD ports to PC-BSD PBIs.
- Bug reporting tool (HOW TO USE NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO HANDBOOK)