What's New in 10.0.2/10.1
From PC-BSD Wiki
Revision as of 10:05, 9 June 2014 by Drulavigne
(Sorry for the inconvenience)
The following features or enhancements were introduced for PC-BSD® 10.0.2:
- Based on
- The Lumina desktop has been added.
- The XBMC meta-package has been removed from the installer. The "pcbsd-meta-xbmc" package can be installed afterwards using pkg add or as a "raw package" in AppCafe®.
- The System Selection Screen now provides an option to select a cache and a log device during installation.
- The System Selection Screen now provides an installation option to encrypt the disks in the ZFS pool using GELI.
- The ability to import an existing ZFS pool has been added to the System Utilities menu of the text-based installer.
- Package Manager and Update Center have been removed from Control Panel as this functionality is now provided in AppCafe®. pc-metapkgmanager has also been removed as packages can be managed using either AppCafe® or pkg.
- The ability to choose between PRODUCTION and EDGE package sets has been moved from the Misc tab of System Manager to the Configuration menu of AppCafe®.
- Many new features have been added to AppCafe®, including the ability to manage PBIs, packages, and meta-packages in one interface. The information about a highlighted PBI includes screenshots, available plugins, similar applications, and a list of the build options that were used for building the PBI. Each PBI has a user rating and an associated wiki page where users can add their own rating and user tips.
- The pbi_addrepo, pbi_autobuild, pbi_browser, pbi_create, pbi_deleterepo, pbi_indextool, pbi_listrepo, pbi_makepatch, pbi_makeport, pbi_makerepo, pbi_metatool, pbi_patch, pbi_update, pbi_update_hashdir, and pbid commands are now deprecated and have been removed, along with their associated man pages.
- The pbi_update_makeindex and pbi_updateindex have been added to PBI Manager.
- EasyPBI2 has been updated to version 2.4.1. This version works with and creates PBIng modules as well as integrating better with the pkg system. A new "bulk" module creation option has also been added to the file menu which will allow the user to automatically build a PBI module for every package (within a designated pkg category) that matches the user's filtering options (graphical/server/text/other applications).
- Login Manager has two new options. One can be used to configure the login time delay and the other to force the login user to type in their username.
- Life Preserver now defaults to “Automatic” which creates a snapshot every 5 minutes, which are kept for an hour, then the hourly is kept for 24 hours, the daily is kept for a month, and the monthly is kept for a year. In addition, if the capacity of the ZFS pool falls below 75%, the oldest snapshot will be auto-pruned.