Potential remains for unforeseen breakage primarily in the handbook portion of the wiki.
Notice will be up until above verified and no other troubles found from recent modifications.
The following features or enhancements were introduced in PC-BSD® 10.0:
- Based on FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE which adds this list of features and supported hardware. NEED URLS This includes improved video and wireless support.
- The installation ISO can now be written to either a DVD or a USB removable drive. This means that only one file needs to be downloaded, regardless of the installation media.
- A text based installer has been added. When booting into the installer, the initial boot menu can be used to select either the graphical or the text installer.
- Due to size limitations, [[MythTV/10.0/en|Translations:MythTV/10.0/Page display title/en]] and XBMC/10.0 have been removed from the installation media. They can still be installed afterwards using Package Manager/10.0.
- The Cinnamon/10.0, GNOME3/10.0, and Mate/10.0 desktops have been added. The GNOME2 desktop has been removed as MATE is its functional replacement.
- The installer now provides an option to install to an SSD device and will automatically disable swap and the ZFS atime option for SSD installations.
- The installer now supports stamping the boot disk with the GRUB2 boot loader, the FreeBSD boot loader, or no boot loader. Note that the default of GRUB2 is needed in order to use boot environments.
- PBIs are now built using packages instead of ports which significantly reduces the time needed to build PBIs and a local copy of the ports tree is no longer required in order to create new PBI modules. The screens in EasyPBI2/10.0 have been modified to reflect these changes.
- The PC-BSD® Display Manager (PCDM) is now the login manager. This BSD-licensed program was developed to support multiple desktops, keyboard layouts, and localization. GDM Manager has been replaced by Login Manager/10.0 which is now used to configure automatic logins.
- Update Center/10.0 has been added to Control Panel/10.0. This beta utility provides details about updates to system utilities, PBIs, and packages in one place.
- A Disk Manager/10.0 for managing ZFS pools, datasets, and options has been added to Control Panel.