Using the Text Installer/10.0
(Sorry for the inconvenience)
If you prefer to perform an installation using an ncurses menu rather than a full graphical installer, select the option "Text Install/Emergency Console" from the installer boot menu shown in Figure 3a. Once the installer finishes loading, you will see the screen shown in Figure 5.1a.
Figure 5.1a: Text Installation Menu
This initial menu provides the following options:
- install: continues the installation using the text-based installer.
- xorg: launches the graphical installer described in Installing PC-BSD®.
- vesa: launches the graphical installer in VESA mode.
- utility: launches the menu described in Using the System Utilities Menu.
- reboot: exits the installer and reboots the system.
Use the up/down arrows to make selections then press enter to continue with the selection. The rest of this section assumes that you have made the default selection of "install".