From PC-BSD Wiki
Revision as of 20:06, 9 September 2013 by Tigersharke
Table of Contents
- Goals and Features
- What's New in 9.2
- PC-BSD® Releases}}
- PC-BSD® for Linux Users}}
- Pre-Installation Tasks
- Secure environment: PC-BSD® provides a pre-configured , brute-force attack protection with , and a Host-based Intrusion Detection System with .
- Easy system administration: PC-BSD® provides a Control Panel containing many graphical tools for performing system administration tasks.
- Localization: PC-BSD® supports a number of native languages and locales.
- Vibrant community: PC-BSD® has a friendly and helpful support community.
- Professional support: professional email and phone support is available from .
New Features / Tools planned for 9.0
|Allow selecting desktop / optional components at install (KDE/Gnome/XFCE4/Development/Games/Etc)||kmoore||DONE|
|Update Software Manager to allow changing optional components on the fly||kmoore||DONE|
|Create GUI front-end to new PBI9 format files / pbi-manager||kmoore||DONE|
|Allow file-system selection when doing auto-partitioning.||kmoore||DONE|
|Make UFS+SUJ the default file-system?||kmoore||DONE|
|Merge keyboard layout / timezone / language into single installer page||kmoore||DONE|
|Don't make "free space" a selectable option during install, require user to create partition first||QT4 - current/src-qt4/pc-sysinstaller||DONE|
|Convert all remaining apps which use KDE API to pure QT4 only.||kmoore||DONE|
|Allow specifying the hostname for installed system via the GUI||QT4 - current/src-qt4/pc-sysinstaller||DONE|
|Provide option in network manager to disable lagg0 device||kmoore||QT4 - current/src-qt4/pc-netmanager||DONE|
|Create new PC-BSD specific configuration GUI, which provides access to all other config tools, ala system-settings||kmoore||QT4||DONE|
|Create 9.0 Handbook and include offline version with release||dru||IN PROGRESS|
|Write manpages for webcamd drivers||dru||DONE|
|Geli set passphrase via CLI||jpaetzel||DONE|
|Touchscreen drivers||mav / kmoore||DONE|
language: (Sorry for the inconvenience)