Sorry for the inconvenience. Known Navigation header breakage of “Previous:” and “Next:” links, the Table Of Contents may be the solution for those.
However, unfortunately, the Table of contents may also be broken, and there may be other unforeseen breakage primarily in the handbook portion of the wiki.
Presently the 10.1 and 10.1.1 Table Of Contents are being "reconstructed" becoming incrementally fixed while the other handbook versions may have various breakage.
Table of Contents
- Goals and Features
- What's New in 9.2
- Secure environment: PC-BSD® provides a pre-configured , brute-force attack protection with , and a Host-based Intrusion Detection System with .
- Easy system administration: PC-BSD® provides a Control Panel containing many graphical tools for performing system administration tasks.
- Localization: PC-BSD® supports a number of native languages and locales.
- Vibrant community: PC-BSD® has a friendly and helpful support community.
- Professional support: professional email and phone support is available from .
New Features / Tools planned for 9.0
|Allow selecting desktop / optional components at install (KDE/Gnome/XFCE4/Development/Games/Etc)||kmoore||DONE|
|Update Software Manager to allow changing optional components on the fly||kmoore||DONE|
|Create GUI front-end to new PBI9 format files / pbi-manager||kmoore||DONE|
|Allow file-system selection when doing auto-partitioning.||kmoore||DONE|
|Make UFS+SUJ the default file-system?||kmoore||DONE|
|Merge keyboard layout / timezone / language into single installer page||kmoore||DONE|
|Don't make "free space" a selectable option during install, require user to create partition first||QT4 - current/src-qt4/pc-sysinstaller||DONE|
|Convert all remaining apps which use KDE API to pure QT4 only.||kmoore||DONE|
|Allow specifying the hostname for installed system via the GUI||QT4 - current/src-qt4/pc-sysinstaller||DONE|
|Provide option in network manager to disable lagg0 device||kmoore||QT4 - current/src-qt4/pc-netmanager||DONE|
|Create new PC-BSD specific configuration GUI, which provides access to all other config tools, ala system-settings||kmoore||QT4||DONE|
|Create 9.0 Handbook and include offline version with release||dru||IN PROGRESS|
|Write manpages for webcamd drivers||dru||DONE|
|Geli set passphrase via CLI||jpaetzel||DONE|
|Touchscreen drivers||mav / kmoore||DONE|
language: (Sorry for the inconvenience)