Press And Legal
If you would like brochures, promotional materials, or an Event kit please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- All content of the wiki may be viewed, searched, or indexed.
- The wiki software automatically keeps track of the page editing, creation, or deletion actions of all logged-in accounts, and those recorded actions may be visible to the general public.
- Personally identifiable information including email address or real name is the responsibility of the user to determine whether to reveal or allow to be visible through user preferences and setup. Such information that may be provided but set by the user to remain hidden, will not be visible to the general public or visitors of the wiki, but may be seen by site or machine administrators.
Beginning with PC-BSD® version 8.2, a PDF of the Users Handbook matching the released version is included as an icon on the PC-BSD® desktop. In addition, the Users Handbook is published in various formats as listed below. Translations of the Handbook are added as they become available and any downloadable file name will indicate the language with a 2-letter ISO code. If you are interested in translating a released version of the documentation, send an email to the PC-BSD® translations mailing list.
Published Versions (in reverse chronological order):
PC-BSD® 9.1 was released on 18 Dec 2012. The 9.1 Users Handbook is available in the following formats:
PC-BSD® 9.0 was released on 13 Jan 2012. The 9.0 Users Handbook is available in the following formats:
- For those who prefer to purchase a copy of the Handbook for their Kindle, "PC-BSD® 9.0 Handbook (English Version)" is available from Amazon. The ASIN is B006W0EHN8 and this version is text-to-speech enabled.
- For those who prefer a "dead tree" version of the Handbook, the book version as well as a book and DVD bundle are available from FreeBSD Mall. The ISBN for the book is 1-57176-398-8.
PC-BSD® 8.2 was released on 24 Feb 2011. The 8.2 Users Handbook is available in the following formats:
- For those who prefer to purchase a copy of the Handbook for their Kindle, "PC-BSD® 8.2 Handbook (English Version)" is available from Amazon. The ASIN is B004SP6PXY and this version is text-to-speech enabled.
All versions of the PC-BSD® Handbook are released under the Creative Commons Attribution License. This means that you are free to distribute, modify, translate, and convert the Handbook to other formats, as long as your version retains the following attribution text:
|Copyright 2011-2013, The PC-BSD® Project.
PC-BSD® and the PC-BSD® logo are trademarks of iXsystems.
|If you translate the handbook to another language, or convert it to other formats, please let us know so that we can help you spread the word and include it on the FTP server.|
The website HTML, text, images audio, video, software or other content that is made available on this website are the property of someone - the author in the case of content produced elsewhere and reproduced here with permission, or Canonical or its content suppliers. Before you use this content in some way please take care to ensure that you have the relevant rights and permissions from the copyright holder.
You are welcome to display on your computer, download and print pages from this website provided the content is only used for personal, educational and non-commercial use. You must retain copyright and other notices on any copies or printouts you make. Certain of the materials available on this site are "open source" materials subject to the GNU General Public Licence ("GPL") or other open-source licence and are so marked - use of those materials is governed by the individual applicable licence.
Use of software
Your use of any software obtained from this site is subject to the terms of any licence agreement provided with the software. Some of these agreements incorporate the terms of the GPL or other open source licences. Please read these agreements before installing and using the software; by installing and using the software, you will have accepted the terms of the agreements.
Any trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on this website are the property of their owners, whether PC-BSD or third parties. For example, Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. Debian is a trademark of Software in the Public Interest, Inc. Windows is allegedly a trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
Canonical owns a number of trademarks and these include the CANONICAL, UBUNTU, KUBUNTU, EDUBUNTU, and XUBUNTU. The trademarks are registered in both word and logo form. The trademark policy for the Ubuntu related marks can be found on the Ubuntu website. The Canonical marks are strongly protected. Specifically,
You may not modify the Trademarks in any way except to resize the logo as necessary. If you resize the logo, you must keep the same aspect ratios as the approved logo. You may not combine the Trademarks with any other marks or logos. You may not use or display the Trademarks on any product or in connection with any service except for products and services created by Canonical.
If you have any doubt, please contact us.