Difference between revisions of "Pre-Installation Tasks/9.2/en"
(Neue Version von externer Quelle importiert)
m (FuzzyBot moved page Pre-Installation Tasks/en to Pre-Installation Tasks/9.2/en without leaving a redirect: Part of translatable page "Pre-Installation Tasks".)
Revision as of 05:17, 2 December 2013
(Sorry for the inconvenience)
While the PC-BSD® installer is very easy to use, installing a brand new operating system can sometimes be a daunting task.
Before you begin, there are a few things you should check to ensure that your system is ready to install PC-BSD®.
- Are you dual-booting or installing over the entire drive? If you are dual-booting you will need to ensure that you have a primary partition available. Refer to the section on [[Dual Booting/en|Translations:Dual Booting/Page display title/en]].
- Have you backed up your important data? Any irreplaceable data, such as emails, bookmarks, or important files and documents should always be backed up to an external media, such as a removable drive or another system, before installing or upgrading any operating system.
If you wish to determine if your hardware is detected by PC-BSD®, start an installation and click the [[Hardware Compatibility/en|Translations:Hardware Compatibility/Page display title/en]] button in the first screen of the installer.
If you would like to use a portable version of PC-BSD® instead of performing an installation, use [[PC-BSD® Live Mode/en|Translations:PC-BSD® Live Mode/Page display title/en]].
Should you run into an issue with your installation there are many different ways to get help.
This section discusses the following topics:
- [[Hardware Requirements/en|Translations:Hardware Requirements/Page display title/en]]
- [[Laptops/en|Translations:Laptops/Page display title/en]]
- [[Partitioning the Hard Drive/en|Translations:Partitioning the Hard Drive/Page display title/en]]
- [[Obtaining PC-BSD®/en|Translations:Obtaining PC-BSD®/Page display title/en]]
- [[Burning the Installation Media/en|Translations:Burning the Installation Media/Page display title/en]]
- [[PC-BSD® Live Mode/en|Translations:PC-BSD® Live Mode/Page display title/en]]
- [[Using VirtualBox/en|Translations:Using VirtualBox/Page display title/en]]