Sorry for the inconvenience. There may be some Navigation header breakage of “Previous:” and “Next:” links, please use the Table of Contents until things are fixed.
(Sorry for the inconvenience)
The PC-BSD Display Manager (PCDM) is a new, BSD-licensed graphical login utility. In PC-BSD® 9.2, it will replace the GDM login utility. It will be added to a future rolling release to allow testing before the release of PC-BSD® 9.2.
PCDM provides the following features:
- provides PAM session/authentication using the login PAM module
- supports remote login with XDMCP (needs additional testing)
- provides an easy-to-use desktop environment selector
- provides language and locale selectors during login
- includes a keyboard layout selector
- includes a virtual Keyboard (using xvkbd)
- can be used to shutdown or restart the computer
If you would like to help test PCDM before it is available in a rolling release, you can build it on your current 9.x PC-BSD® system using the following instructions.