Potential remains for unforeseen breakage primarily in the handbook portion of the wiki.
Notice will be up until above verified and no other troubles found from recent modifications.
PC-BSD® Life Cycle
On this page we try to describe a life cycle of an average PC-BSD from boot to shutdown, find a weak places, and think about some improvements.
I will use "Use Case" in a freeform.
- User starts pc
- OS goes by detect devices stage
- If "disk checking" not needed, skip it.
- If "Disk checking" needed, do it.
- Starting X
- Need setup X - start script
- Not need setup X - start pdm
- Not need setup X - start pdm, pdm failed - oops! PC-BSD currently not know what to do ;)
- Displaying login screen
- Logging in (setting sound levels)
- Start Update checker, some GUI services (?)
- Running various programs, scripts, etc
- Switching user (actually we should view login screen again)
- Logging in (setting sound levels again)
- Start Update checker, some GUI services (again)
- Shut down pc