Sorry for the inconvenience. Known Navigation header breakage of “Previous:” and “Next:” links, the Table Of Contents may be the solution for those.
However, unfortunately, the Table of contents may also be broken, and there may be other unforeseen breakage primarily in the handbook portion of the wiki.
Presently the 10.1 and 10.1.1 Table Of Contents are being "reconstructed" becoming incrementally fixed while the other handbook versions may have various breakage.
(Sorry for the inconvenience)
is the Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment. It is an excellent choice for older hardware or for users who want a complete desktop environment without all of the overhead required by KDE or GNOME. Since it is XDG-compliant, the PC-BSD® Control Panel, AppCafe®, and Life Preserver are available on the desktop and integrated into LXDE's menus. Figure 6.3a shows a screenshot of the default LXDE installation with the LXPanel open.
In addition to the PC-BSD® utilities, LXDE provides the following utilities:
- : desktop panel which is launched by clicking on the PC-BSD® icon in the lower right corner of the desktop. To configure the panel, right-click the PC-BSD® icon and select "Panel Settings" or "Add/Remove Panel Items" from the right-click menu.
- : found in Accessories ➜ File Manager PCManFM. A file manager with features like drag and drop, tabbed browsing, built-in file search, file association with default application, thumbnails for images, bookmarks, and support for non-UTF-8 encoded filenames.
- : fast image viewer found in Accessories ➜ Image Viewer.
- : a light-weight graphical text editor found in Accessories ➜ Leafpad.
- : terminal emulator found in Accessories ➜ LXTerminal.
- : archiver utility that supports the 7z, ARJ, bzip2, gzip, lzma, RAR, RPM, DEB, tar, and ZIP file formats. Found in Accessories ➜ Xarchiver.
- epdfview: a PDF viewer with printing support found in Office ➜ ePDFViewer.
- : task manager and system monitor found in System Tools ➜ Task Manager.
- : a theme switcher for customizing the widgets, colors, icons, mouse cursors, and sound effects used by applications, found in Preferences ➜ Customize Look and Feel.
- LXInput: a tool to configure your keyboard and mouse found in Preferences ➜ Keyboard and Mouse.
- : the window manager used by LXDE. You can configure settings such as themes, appearance, mouse, and margins by going to Preferences ➜ Openbox Configuration Manager.
- : a key editor found in Preferences ➜ Openbox Key bindings.
This forum post describes how to configure an application to autostart when you login to LXDE.