Sorry for the inconvenience. Known Navigation header breakage, its being "rebuilt" but forward nav should be ok now.
There may be other unforeseen breakage primarily in the handbook portion of the wiki.
The Table Of Contents section of each "PC-BSD® Users Handbook" page may be the best workaround.
PC-BSD can be installed from the installation media directly onto a hard drive or it can be installed into a 'virtual computer' using virtualization software such as VmWare Hypervisor or Virtualbox. You can also try PC-BSD without installing it by selecting the Live option when you booth the DVD.
The PC-BSD installer has made installing a Unix-like operating system as easy as installing Microsoft Windows. When installing PC-BSD you don’t need to use the command line or text-based installers, neither do you have to manually edit configuration files.
The installation of PC-BSD is a fast, easy and straight-forward process with a pretty looking Installer. An easy-to-use wizard will take you step-by-step through the whole process by asking a few simple questions and after a few minutes you will have your system up and running. Though the installation process has been made as short and as easy as possible, there are still some advanced options available for power users.
This section covers the following topics:
- 3.1 Starting the PC-BSD Installation
- 3.1.1 Language Selection Screen
- 3.1.2 Keyboard Selection Screen
- 3.1.3 System Selection Screen
- 3.1.4 Disk Selection Screen
- 3.1.5 Users Creation Screen
- 3.1.6 Time Selection Screen
- 3.1.7 Components Selection Screen
- 3.1.8 Installation Summary Screen
- 3.2.1 Upgrading PC-BSD
- 3.2.2 Restoring PC-BSD from Backup
- 3.2.3 Use PC-BSD Installer to Install FreeBSD
- 3.2.4 Disk Encryption
- 3.2.5 Install PC-BSD Over a Network
- 3.2.6 Using a Custom Partition Layout
- 18.104.22.168 FreeBSD Boot Manager
- 22.214.171.124 GAG, The Graphical Boot Manager
- 126.96.36.199 Grub
- 188.8.131.52 Dual Boot with Windows Using EasyBCD
- 184.108.40.206 Recovering Windows Boot loader after installing PC-BSD
- 3.3.1 Starting PC-BSD for the First Time
- 220.127.116.11 Display Settings
- 18.104.22.168 Logon to PC-BSD
- 3.3.2 Installing True Type Fonts
- 3.3.3 Java and Flash
- 3.3.4 Multimedia Codecs
- 3.4 Installation Troubleshooting
- 3.5 Creating an Automated Installation with pc-sysinstall