Sorry for the inconvenience. There may be some Navigation header breakage of “Previous:” and “Next:” links, please use the Table of Contents until things are fixed.
The PC-BSD Handbook uses the following typographic conventions:
- bold text: represents a command written at the command line. In usage examples, the font is changed with any command output displayed in unbolded text.
- italic text: used to represent device names or file name paths.
- bold italic text: used to emphasize an important point.
Language usage and word choice
To facilitate future translations avoid the following:
- for example, in place of don't or can't or won't use do not, cannot, or will not.
- Function instead of service name
- use web search instead of Google search
Some special characters
This is a helpful spot to facilitate a copy/paste of these unique characters: