Difference between revisions of "Goals and Features/9.2/uk"
From PC-BSD Wiki
(Created page with "Goals and Features")
m (FuzzyBot moved page Goals and Features/uk to Goals and Features/9.2/uk without leaving a redirect: Part of translatable page "Goals and Features".)
Revision as of 03:23, 2 December 2013
(Sorry for the inconvenience)
PC-BSD® provides the following features:
- Easy installation: to install either a graphical desktop or command-line server version of PC-BSD®, simply insert the installation media, reboot the system to start the installer, and answer a few questions in the graphical menus.
- Automatically configured hardware: video, sound, network and other devices are automatically configured for you.
- Intuitive desktop interface: PC-BSD® comes with a choice of desktop environments to support your day-to-day computing needs.
- Easy software management: with [[AppCafe®/9.2/uk|Translations:AppCafe®/9.2/Page display title/uk]], installing, upgrading, and uninstalling software is safe and easy.
- Lots of software available: in addition to its own software, PC-BSD® can install software that has been ported to FreeBSD (currently over 24,000 applications).
- Binary compatibility: for software that has not been specifically ported to FreeBSD. PC-BSD® can run almost any GNU/Linux application using Wine. It is also able to run many Windows applications using
- Easy to update: PC-BSD® provides a built-in [[Update Manager/9.2/uk|Translations:Update Manager/9.2/Page display title/uk]] that will notify you of available updates and allow you to apply operating system security fixes, bug fixes, system enhancements as well as upgrade to newer versions of the operating system or installed software.
- Virus-free: PC-BSD® is not affected by viruses, spyware, or other malware.
- No defragmentation: PC-BSD® hard drives do not need to be defragmented and do not slow down over time. PC-BSD® uses which is a self-healing filesystem.
- Laptop support: provides power saving and swap space encryption and automatically switches between wired and wifi network connections.
- Secure environment: PC-BSD® provides a pre-configured , brute-force attack protection with , and a Host-based Intrusion Detection System with .
- Easy system administration: PC-BSD® provides a [[Control Panel/9.2/uk|Translations:Control Panel/9.2/Page display title/uk]] containing many graphical tools for performing system administration tasks.
- Localization: PC-BSD® supports a number of native languages and locales.
- Vibrant community: PC-BSD® has a friendly and helpful support community.
- Professional support: professional email and phone support is available from .