is a popular desktop environment that provides many built-in utilities. Figure 6.5a shows a screenshot of GNOME3 on a PC-BSD® 10.0 system with the "Applications" menu open. To access this menu, click “Activities” then the 9-dot icon at the bottom of the left-hand panel. Alternately, if you know the name of an application to open, click "Activities" and type the application's name into the search bar.
Each category in the "Applications" menu contains many applications and the "Settings" and "System" categories contain many utilities for configuring your system. If you are new to GNOME3, take some time to discover which applications best suit your needs. Some of the applications which are provided by GNOME3 include:
- Graphics → Image Viewer. : image viewer found in
- Internet → Web. : web browser found in
- Multimedia → Brasero. : CD/DVD burning software found in
- Multimedia → Videos. : movie player found in
- Office → Evolution. : email client with address book and calendar. Found in
- Utilities → Files. : file manager found in
You can find additional themes and wallpapers at.