Difference between revisions of "GNOME2/9.2/en"
(Importing a new version from external source)
m (FuzzyBot moved page GNOME2/en to GNOME2/9.2/en without leaving a redirect: Part of translatable page "GNOME2".)
Revision as of 07:30, 2 December 2013
(Sorry for the inconvenience)
is a popular desktop environment that provides many built-in utilities. Figure 6.1a shows a screenshot of GNOME2 on a PC-BSD® 9.2 system with the "Applications" menu open.
Each category in the "Applications" menu contains many applications and the "Settings" and "System" categories contain many utilities for configuring your system. If you are new to GNOME2, take some time to discover which applications best suit your needs. Some of the applications which are provided by GNOME include:
- : image viewer found in Graphics ➜ Image Viewer.
- : web browser found in Internet ➜ Epiphany Web Browser.
- : CD/DVD burning software found in Multimedia ➜ Brasero Disk Burner.
- : movie player found in Multimedia ➜ Movie Player.
- : email client with address book and calendar. Found in Office ➜ Evolution Mail and Calendar.
- : file manager found in Utilities ➜ File Browser.
You may or may not have installed all of GNOME's components during installation. You can view the installed components and check (to add) or uncheck (to delete) various components using Control Panel ➜ Package Manager ➜ Desktops/9.2 ➜ GNOME.
You can find additional themes and wallpapers at.