Difference between revisions of "GNOME2/9.2"
|(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)|
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
Latest revision as of 21:21, 15 December 2013
is a popular desktop environment that provides many built-in utilities. Figure 6.1a shows a screenshot of GNOME2 on a PC-BSD® 9.2 system with the "Applications" menu open.
Each category in the "Applications" menu contains many applications and the "Settings" and "System" categories contain many utilities for configuring your system. If you are new to GNOME2, take some time to discover which applications best suit your needs. Some of the applications which are provided by GNOME include:
- Graphics → Image Viewer. : image viewer found in
- Internet → Epiphany Web Browser. : web browser found in
- Multimedia → Brasero Disk Burner. : CD/DVD burning software found in
- Multimedia → Movie Player. : movie player found in
- Office → Evolution Mail and Calendar. : email client with address book and calendar. Found in
- Utilities → File Browser. : file manager found in
You may or may not have installed all of GNOME's components during installation. You can view the installed components and check (to add) or uncheck (to delete) various components using Control Panel → Package Manager → Desktops → GNOME.
You can find additional themes and wallpapers at.