Once you have installed PC-BSD®, you will want to become familiar with your desktop environment. This section discusses the desktops which can be selected during the installation of PC-BSD® or installed afterwards using AppCafe®.
The following desktops, when installed, will appear in the list of available desktops when a user logs in:
- [[Cinnamon/10.1/de|Translations:Cinnamon/10.1/Page display title/de]]
- [[Fluxbox/10.1/de|Translations:Fluxbox/10.1/Page display title/de]]
- [[FVWM/10.1/de|Translations:FVWM/10.1/Page display title/de]]
- [[GNOME3/10.1/de|Translations:GNOME3/10.1/Page display title/de]]
- [[i3/10.1/de|Translations:I3/10.1/Page display title/de]]
- [[IceWM/10.1/de|Translations:IceWM/10.1/Page display title/de]]
- [[KDE4/10.1/de|Translations:KDE4/10.1/Page display title/de]]
- [[LXDE/10.1/de|Translations:LXDE/10.1/Page display title/de]]
- [[Mate/10.1/de|Translations:Mate/10.1/Page display title/de]]
- [[Openbox/10.1/de|Translations:Openbox/10.1/Page display title/de]]
- [[Ratpoison/10.1/de|Translations:Ratpoison/10.1/Page display title/de]]
- [[spectrwm/10.1/de|Translations:Spectrwm/10.1/Page display title/de]]
- [[WindowLab/10.1/de|Translations:WindowLab/10.1/Page display title/de]]
- [[Window Maker/10.1/de|Translations:Window Maker/10.1/Page display title/de]]
The rest of this chapter provides an overview of each of these desktops.
For the desktops that support desktop icons, three PC-BSD® icons will appear on the desktop:
AppCafe®: graphical utility used to install, uninstall, and upgrade software. See the section on AppCafe® for more details.
PC-BSD® Control Panel: contains applications for administering the computer. See the section on Systemsteuerung for more details.
Even more desktops are available for installation from AppCafe®, if "Raw Packages" is checked in "Browser View". These can be browsed in the "X11 - Window Managers" category. Note that if the desktop is not listed above, it will not automatically be added to the login manager.