Sorry for the inconvenience. Chance of typos in templates, the navigation header should be functional for most versions of the handbook.
Potential remains for unforeseen breakage primarily in the handbook portion of the wiki.
Notice will be up until above verified and no other troubles found from recent modifications.
System Selection Screen/9.2
(Sorry for the inconvenience)
The Meta Package selection screen, shown in Figure 3.7a, allows you to choose which system components and window managers to install with PC-BSD. If you change your mind after installation, you can install or uninstall components using Control Panel ➜ System Manager ➜ System Packages.
Figure 3.7a: Meta Package Selection Screen
The following components are available for installation. If you right-click a component and select View Packages, a pop-up menu will list the packages that are installed with that component.
- Base-I18N: input methods (ibus), fonts, and codecs to support Japanese, Korean, and Chinese users.
- Desktops: includes the following supported desktops: GNOME2, KDE4, LXDE, and XFCE4. If you expand the + next to a desktop, you can select which components to install with that desktop. You can select as many desktops and components as you wish to install.
- Development: software utilities suited for developers. These include the valgrind debugging tool, QT development tools, CMake, GNU make, Subversion, and git.
- Hardware-Drivers: if you expand the + you can select which drivers to install: HPLIP (for HP printers), Handheld (for syncing with WinCE devices), and NVIDIA video.
- Misc: if you expand the + you can select from the following: Compiz, the MythTV DVR, VMwareGuest, VirtualBox Guest additions, and the XBMC media center.
- Services: if you expand the + you can select from the following: the MySQL and PostgreSQL database servers, the Samba file server, and the Apache and lighthttpd web servers with PHP.
- Unsupported-Desktops: additional light-weight desktops for expert users. If you expand the + you can select from Awesome, FVWM, IceWM, Openbox, ScrotWM, or Window Maker.
NOTE: Fluxbox is always installed and available in the login menu of a PC-BSD system.
If you check the box of a component that has a + next to it, it will automatically select all of its sub-components. You can click the + to expand and uncheck any sub-components that you do not wish to install.
You will need to choose at least one desktop or you will receive an error when you try to go to the next screen. You can select multiple desktops if you wish to try them out.
Once you have made your selection(s), click the Next button to proceed to the next screen.