Common Human Interface Guideline
The purpose of this page is to help direct the defaults given for all of the available desktops whether "supported" or "unsupported" so that the initial configuration is more intuitive, reasonable, usable, and non-jarring. The intent is not to emulate Mac or Windows, however, some things may be accepted widely enough to consider.
- left-top, center-top, right-top each may be set to different effects.
- These would be considered jarring and unexpected, and therefore should be unset/disabled.
- The most common method of workspace switching is via pager module or widget, or a menu item. Switching by way of a mouse scroll-wheel would be considered jarring and should not be enabled.
- click to focus/focus follows mouse
- These are the two common options but it is fairly obvious which is selected as default, so either would be ok.
- single/double-click to open/execute
- Both Windows and MacOS have preferred double-click.