- "You will not apply my precept," he said, shaking his head. "How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? We know that he did not come through the door, the window, or the chimney. We also know that he could not have been concealed in the room, as there is no concealment possible. When, then, did he come?"
- --Sherlock Holmes in The Sign of the Four, ch. 6 (1890)
Just as Sherlock Holmes would investigate a crime, there is a bit of deductive reasoning involved in solving computer and software problems. Therefore, the first things to verify are usually the most obvious and may seem like a waste of time, but its essential to eliminate them before continuing. This generic checklist should help in your search for the truth and development of a solution to the problem.
- System Manager#Generating a Diagnostic Report
- Installation Troubleshooting
- Network Configuration#Troubleshooting Network Settings
- Printing#Printer Troubleshooting
- Using VirtualBox#Troubleshooting VirtualBox
Pages in category ‘Troubleshooting’
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.