Bluetooth GUI Discussion
From PC-BSD Wiki
Revision as of 04:16, 9 July 2009 by Yerenkow
We have a decent network GUI. I think we should start thinking of BlueTooth GUI.
There is such things which need to be used:
# hcsecd - control link keys and PIN codes for Bluetooth devices # sdpd - Bluetooth Service Discovery Protocol daemon # hccontrol - HCI configuration utility # obexapp - executable, OBEX protocol.
Here is a list of requirements to GUI, in no particular order:
Gui should ...
- show (indicate) that kernel module ng_ubt is loaded
- allow load (unload) ng_ubt;
- show (add/remove) ng_ubt_load in /boot/loader.conf
- show status (and start/stop/restart) hcsecd service;
- show (add/remove) hcsecd_enable in /etc/rc.conf
- have a tree with such structure: Devices--Device1(Service1, Service2...)
- have an ability to scan (search for devices), show which is known devices, which is new
- add device to /etc/hcsecd.conf, edit pin, name, etc;
- allow to add (edit/delete) ppp records, to use device as modem
- allow to connect/disconnect device to internet via rfcomm_ppp
- If device (mobile phone) have ability to FTRN, this service should expand to device's FS;
- Device's FS tree should support drag-n-drop, at least to other tree, which is for local FS (Ideally to any other external filemanager, like dolphin, or else)