Applications Selection Screen
This screen, seen in Figure 3.1.7a, allows you to select which software components can be installed with the operating system.
Figure 3.1.7a: Components Screen is Used to Select which Optional Software is Installed with PC-BSD
Highlight the software you would like to install in the "Available Components" box and click the blue > button to add them to the "Selected Components" box. If you change your mind, highlight the item in the "Selected Components" box and click the blue < button. Whatever shows up in the "Selected Components" box when you click the Next button, will be installed for you.
The following software is available as components:
- Mozilla's popular web browser - (firefox)
- Powerful CD /DVD burning tool - (k3b)
- Full featured office suite - (openoffice)
- Web Browser with BitTorrent client - (opera)
- FreeBSD ports collection - (ports)
- FreeBSD system source - (src)
- Jail management and administration - (thewarden)
- Mozilla's popular E-mail client - (thunderbird)
Note: You can still install additional software after PC-BSD is installed. The components in this screen are limited to those that came with the installation media, meaning they can be installed quickly and don't require a connection to the Internet.