Sorry for the inconvenience. There may be some Navigation header breakage of “Previous:” and “Next:” links, please use the Table of Contents until things are fixed.
(Sorry for the inconvenience)
Several of the desktop environments included with PC-BSD provide accessibility features to assist users with physical disabilities. This section provides an overview of these features and references to additional accessibility information.
The GNOME desktop provides features to assist users with vision and mobility impairments. To install these features, make sure that the GNOME-Accessibility box is checked (it is by default) when selecting to install GNOME either during installation or afterwards using System Manager ➜ System Packages ➜ Desktops.
The GNOME-Accessibility component installs the following software:
- : supports alternative input devices such as a joystick, touchscreen, trackball, head-mouse, or eyetracker. This utility is located in Applications ➜ Utilities ➜ Dasher. To change the input device, start dasher and click Edit ➜ Preferences ➜ Control.
- : a speech synthesizer for English and other languages.
- : application which displays virtual keyboards. You can use a mouse or an alternative pointing device to operate the virtual keyboards. It generates dynamic keyboards that contain keys to represent the applications that are running on your desktop or the menus that are contained in an application.
- : provides mouse accessibility enhancements such as simulating different mouse clicks without using physical buttons and a delay-click feature which opens a context menu.
- : a screen reader that provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable combinations of speech or braille.
- : speech synthesis interface.
The GNOME-Accessibility component also adds the following options to the login Accessibility screen shown in Figure 4.8b:
- Use on-screen keyboard
- Use screen reader
- Use screen magnifier
More information about GNOME-Accessibility can be found in the.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found