Sorry for the inconvenience. Known Navigation header breakage of “Previous:” and “Next:” links, the Table Of Contents may be the solution for those.
However, unfortunately, the Table of contents may also be broken, and there may be other unforeseen breakage primarily in the handbook portion of the wiki.
The following features or enhancements were introduced for PC-BSD® 10.1:
- Based on FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE which adds .
- UEFI support has been added to the installer and the boot manager. This includes ACPI detection and setup of RSDP, XDST, and RSDT pass-through values to the kernel. Note that a new installation will be needed in order to install UEFI support as it requires the creation of a small FAT partition. The current UEFI does not support secureboot. If a secureboot option exists in the BIOS, disable it.
- Pre-configured virtual images are available in .vmdk, .vdi, and .raw formats.
- A CD installer version is available for installing a command-line only version of TrueOS® using the text installer.
- Linux compatibility libraries have been updated to CentOS 6.6.
- Lumina has been updated to version 0.7.1.
- A browser-based application, pc-softweb, combines the functionality of AppCafe® and Warden® and can be used to remotely manage software and jails from another system or mobile device. The TrueOS® installer provides options to configure remote access to pc-softweb. Graphical desktop users can configure remote access as described in AppCafe® Remote.
- The following components have been added to the installation media: , , , , , version 7 and 8, , , , and .
- The "Installing to SSD" box has been removed from the installer as the installation is now optimized for both disk and SSD installations.
- GELI full-disk encryption has been added back to the graphical and text installers.
- PEFS encryption has been removed for now. This means that the option to encrypt files has been removed from the Create a User Screen and from User Manager.
- The ability to select MBR or GPT has been added to the text installer.
- The "fixgrub" option has been added to the System Utilities menu of the text installer. This can be used to restamp the GRUB loader on an existing PC-BSD® or TrueOS® installation that no longer boots.
- The "Install in Jail" button has been added to AppCafe®, making it possible to create a new jail and install the specified application into it.
- The "Automatic updates check" option has been added to the right-click menu of Update Manager.
- The -J option has been added to pbi_add, making it possible to create a new jail and install a PBI into it with one command.
- The -f and -j options have been added to pbi_delete.
- The ability to configure a wireless device as a wireless access point has been added to Network Configuration.
- The "Service Configuration" tab has been added to EasyPBI2.
- The "Start Replication" option has been added to the "Snapshots" tab of Life Preserver.
- When replicating to a remote host using Life Preserver, the remote dataset is based upon the hostname. This allows a single SSH key and user account to be used when backing up multiple systems. During a system restore, the replication server will display which hosts' datasets are available.
- The cronscrub option has been added to lpreserver.
- The zfsmksnap, zfslistclone, zfslistsnap, zfsclonesnap, zfscronsnap, zfsrevertsnap, zfsrmclone, and zfsrmsnap options to the command line version of warden have been replaced by the snap, clone, and cronsnap options.
- The bulk, ip4pool, and autoipv4 options have been added to warden create.