From PC-BSD Wiki
The following features or enhancements were introduced for PC-BSD® 10.1:
- Based on FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE which adds .
- UEFI support has been added to the installer and the boot manager. This includes ACPI detection and setup of RSDP, XDST, and RSDT pass-through values to the kernel. Note that a new installation will be needed in order to install UEFI support as it requires the creation of a small FAT partition. The current UEFI does not support secureboot. If a secureboot option exists in the BIOS, disable it.
- Pre-configured virtual images are available in .vmdk, .vdi, and .raw formats.
- A CD installer version is available for installing a command-line only version of TrueOS® using the text installer.
- Linux compatibility libraries have been updated to CentOS 6.6.
- Lumina has been updated to version 0.7.1.
- A browser-based application, pc-softweb, combines the functionality of AppCafe® and Warden® and can be used to remotely manage software and jails from another system or mobile device. The TrueOS® installer provides options to configure remote access to pc-softweb. Graphical desktop users can configure remote access as described in AppCafe® Remote.
- The following components have been added to the installation media: , , , , , version 7 and 8, , , , and .
- The "Installing to SSD" box has been removed from the installer as the installation is now optimized for both disk and SSD installations.
- GELI full-disk encryption has been added back to the graphical and text installers.
- PEFS encryption has been removed for now. This means that the option to encrypt files has been removed from the Create a User Screen and from User Manager.
- The ability to select MBR or GPT has been added to the text installer.
- The "fixgrub" option has been added to the System Utilities menu of the text installer. This can be used to restamp the GRUB loader on an existing PC-BSD® or TrueOS® installation that no longer boots.
- The "Install in Jail" button has been added to AppCafe®, making it possible to create a new jail and install the specified application into it.
- The "Automatic updates check" option has been added to the right-click menu of Update Manager.
- The -J option has been added to pbi_add, making it possible to create a new jail and install a PBI into it with one command.
- The -f and -j options have been added to pbi_delete.
- The ability to configure a wireless device as a wireless access point has been added to Network Configuration.
- The "Service Configuration" tab has been added to EasyPBI2.
- The "Start Replication" option has been added to the "Snapshots" tab of Life Preserver.
- When replicating to a remote host using Life Preserver, the remote dataset is based upon the hostname. This allows a single SSH key and user account to be used when backing up multiple systems. During a system restore, the replication server will display which hosts' datasets are available.
- The cronscrub option has been added to lpreserver.
- The zfsmksnap, zfslistclone, zfslistsnap, zfsclonesnap, zfscronsnap, zfsrevertsnap, zfsrmclone, and zfsrmsnap options to the command line version of warden have been replaced by the snap, clone, and cronsnap options.
- The bulk, ip4pool, and autoipv4 options have been added to warden create.